What it covers
This policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information that Salisbury City Council collects when you are using the Salisbury City Council website, when you email us, or when you complete and submit an online form via our website.
Salisbury City Council holds and processes personal data in accordance with all current legislation relating to data protection and complies with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information collection and use
You can visit our site and use many of the services without telling us who you are or giving us any personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a collection of information that some websites leave on your computer to identify you if you use or return to the site.
- The page localisation system - a cookie is used to store the last address you searched for. The data in this cookie is encrypted. This enables individual pages to show information that is localised to your address. We do not assign a name to the address. Pressing the "clear" button on the address selector form will clear the address data from this cookie. For extra security, the data stored can only be read by pages on the salisburycitycouncil.gov.uk domain.
- The homepage customisation system - a cookie is used to store where you have placed the widgets on your screen and which are viewable.
- The online mapping system - a cookie is used to store the last address you searched for. The data in this cookie is encrypted. This enables individual pages to show information that is localised to your address. We do not assign a name to the address. Pressing the "clear" button on the address selector form will clear the address data from this cookie.
- We are currently using some third-party software to allow us to survey a random selection of visitors. This software will leave a cookie on your site from socitm.govmetric.com. We use the data collected to find out about visitors' perceptions of our site, but specific information cannot be tracked back to a specific individual.
It is only when you complete a form that requests personal information or email Salisbury City Council that you can be identified. When completing forms you may be asked for a variety of personal information such as name, address, post code etc.
The Council also automatically receives and records information on server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested.
The Council uses the information for:
- fulfilling your request for information or services
- as input to improving our site
- to inform you about improvements to our site
Information sharing and disclosure
Salisbury City Council will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone, or use the data for any other purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Salisbury City Council will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies when we have your consent, or have a legal reason to do so. We may also use your information in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes.
Questions or suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this statement or have any concerns about the processing of your personal data by Salisbury City Council send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Achieving compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an extension of what we already do and we are well on the way to ensure that all legal requirements are met in advance of the 25 May 2018 deadline.
Where Do We Process Data?
We process data at our registered offices at the Guildhall, Market Place, Salisbury, SP1 1JH and our other satellite offices within the Salisbury area.
Who do I contact on data protection matters?
The Corporate Services Manager, Salisbury City Council, Guildhall, Market Place, Salisbury, SP1 1JH
Phone Number: 01722 342860
Email Address: email@example.com
Why do we collect your data?
The reasons we collect your data is for contractual fulfilment, legitimate interests of the council, provision of service.
How long will we retain your data?
We will retain your data according to the councils Data Retention Policy.
Data Subject Rights
Under GDPR all data subjects have the right to request, from the controller, access to, rectification or erasure of, personal data. Further you have the rights to request restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. You may exercise your rights by contacting, in writing Salisbury City Council on the details provided above.
All data subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office as the UK Supervisory Authority.
Where Do We Store Your Data?
1. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a third party destination operating inside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The council uses a third party IT Support provider Blue Frontier Ltd
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What Happens When I Follow Links On The Site?
Our ICO notification number is Z2140334
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this statement or have any concerns about the processing of your personal data by Salisbury City Council send an email to the Corporate Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org