Salisbury City Council intend to keep their parks and play areas open during the lockdown period. This decision will be reviewed regularly as Government guidelines are released. We ask that residents and visitors follow the advice below and the notices displayed on play area gates. Please be aware that only Queen Elizabeth Gardens, Churchill Gardens and Victoria Park are being sanitised and this takes place once a week on a Monday morning.
Sport and gym equipment
• Due to the latest Government Covid-19 guidelines, Salisbury City Council will be closing all its outside gym equipment and ball courts until further notice, this will include the Parkour course at Churchill Gardens. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please follow these Covid-19 guidelines when visiting our parks and play areas:
• If you or a member of your household has any of the following symptoms please do not enter the play area - high temperature, new and persistent cough, loss of taste or smell.
• Always practice social distancing in line with Government guidance and ensure that your child also does so. If you cannot do this because of the numbers of people already within the play area and/or using individual pieces of play equipment, you should wait until enough space becomes available.
• Please try to only have one parent, guardian or carer with each child to limit the possible spread of infection.
• During busy periods please limit your use of the play area to 20 minutes.
• Consider use of a face covering but please be aware that Government Guidance is that they should not be used by children under the age of 3 or by those who may find it difficult to manage them. Disposable face coverings and gloves cannot be recycled, therefore any used protective wear and all litter should be disposed of properly by parents, guardians or carers, in litter bins or taking it home where a bin is not provided.
• Please wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before and after visiting this area and bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean children’s hands.
• Children, parents, guardians and carers are advised not to touch their faces, and only to cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available.
• Do not put your hands into your mouth or put your mouth on any of the play equipment, gates, fences or railings, etc.
• Consider wiping or cleansing play equipment before your child uses it.
• Consumption of food or drink on play equipment or within the playground area is banned.