Flood Wardens provide a link between the local community, emergency services and Wiltshire Council.
They give real time information about flood conditions in the event of a flood.
There are currently 22 Flood Wardens with Councillor Brown as Flood Co-Ordinator.
Salisbury City Council is seeking Flood Wardens for the City.
View the PDFs below for more information on the Flood Warden training which would be provided:
For more information and to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|What Flood Wardens do|
|Before a flood||• Understand flood risk within their local area
• Identify properties at risk of flooding
• Identify vulnerable individuals
• Attend flood plan training and exercises
• Help raise flood awareness
• Assist with the recruitment of Flood Wardens
|During a flood||• Prioritise their own safety at all times
• Follow procedures set out in their Flood Plan
• Relay information to the local community
• Follow guidance from the emergency services at all times
• Provide the emergency services with local knowledge and information
• Collect information about the flood
|After a flood||• Submit information they have collected about the flood
• Help to relay information to the local community