SALISBURY CITY COUNCIL AND CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Salisbury City Council and Coronavirus - Update (5 January 2021)
Following the government’s announcement on Monday 4 January, Salisbury City Council is continuing to monitor all government advice with regard to the Coronavirus, and we are assessing its impact on the Council services, our residents and our staff team.
The Council is committed to operating Business as Usual within the restrictions of government guidance.
- Salisbury Information Centre is closed during the National Lockdown but we are still working answering the Council phones and e-mails. Click here to for more information
- Salisbury Shopmobility as an essential service is operating by appointment only.
- Full Council and Committee meetings are now being held remotely via Teams, please click here for further details.
- Salisbury Guildhall will close its front door to unrestricted visitors – visitors are directed to ring or email the City Council on 01722 342860 if urgent. This is to support the government’s measures to promote social distancing and limit our staff’s contact with visitors.
- The Charter Market is operating on a Tuesday and Saturday as normal to give residents access to essential items in a safe outdoor shopping experience. This will include food items, pet food, hardware and plants.
- The Crematorium is operating as usual with some restriction for services in line with current social distance policies. Please contact your funeral director or the Crematorium officers if you have any queries about a service taking place.
- Public toilets are open as normal. Please click here for information
- CCTV is still operational and manned by our trained operators.
- We have teamed up with Wessex Community Action to offer a Community Support Scheme – to request assistance or to find out more please click here.
Please remember to do your bit to stop the spread of Covid-19 by staying home to protect the NHS and save lives.
The following risk assessments have been carried out by Salisbury City Council during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Risk Assessment - Bemerton Heath Centre and Friary Community Centre
- Risk Assessment - Salisbury Guildhall
- Risk Assessment - Salisbury Information Centre - deliveries
- Risk Assessment - Salisbury Information Centre - staff
- Risk Assessment - Salisbury Information Centre - customers
- Risk Assessment - Shopmobility - staff
- Risk Assessment - Shopmobility - customers
- Risk Assessment - Salisbury Charter Market
- Risk Assessment - Crematorium
- Risk Assessment - CCTV
- Risk Assessment - Depot and green spaces
- Risk Assessment - Streetscene
Thank you for your patience and support during this time and we look forward to seeing you all soon.