We currently have the following vacancies:
Gardeners – Salisbury City Council’s Parks team
£13,321 to £14,013 p.a.
We are pleased to confirm that the pay rate will move to the Living Wage rate of £14,758 p.a. from 1 April 2014
37 hours per week averaged over a year
(Seasonal working arrangements apply – please see Job Description for details)
Based in Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salisbury City Council’s award-winning Parks team is currently looking to employ two Gardeners on 6 month fixed term contracts starting April/May - with the possibility of full time work after this.
- You will be responsible for looking after Salisbury’s parks and green spaces, so you will need experience of gardening, grounds maintenance and landscape works – ideally on a large scale.
- You will need to show that you can work effectively as part of team, as well as on your own without supervision.
- You should be reliable, enthusiastic and be willing to undertake further training.
- You will also need to be fit enough to operate horticultural machinery and to carry out physical activities like planting, weeding and digging.
- Ideally you will have the flexibility to take on occasional overtime and weekend work.
- You will be required to work early mornings, with seasonal starts between 7.00 and 7.30am - but typically finishing between 3.30 and 4.00pm
If you would like to find out more about the role, please see the Job Description or contact Graham Dewey, Grounds Supervisor, on 07733 002346 for an informal chat.
To apply, please complete the application form and equalities form. Please see links below:
Equal Opportunities Form - this must be completed and returned with the Application Form
Alternatively, please call 01722 342860 to obtain a paper application pack.
Please note that applications must be made on our application form; we do not accept CVs
Completed application forms should then be returned to:
Salisbury Information Centre
Fish Row, Salisbury, Wilts SP1 1EJ
Revised closing date: Friday 28 March 2014
Interviews expected to be held in the week commencing Monday 7 April 2014
We are a Council committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and our recruitment process is designed to ensure fairness to all candidates and is based on selection by aptitude and ability.