We currently have the following vacancies:
Gardeners – Salisbury City Council’s Parks team
Temporary fixed term post for either 3 or 6 months
£13,321 to £14,013 p.a.
We are pleased to confirm that the pay rate will move to the Living Wage rate of £14,758 p.a. from 1 April 2014
37 hours per week averaged over a year (Seasonal working arrangements apply – please see Job Description for details)
Based in Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salisbury City Council’s award-winning Parks team is currently looking to employ three Gardeners on either 3 or 6 month fixed term contracts starting in the New Year - with the possibility of permanent work after this.
- You will be responsible for looking after Salisbury’s parks and green spaces, so you will need experience of gardening, grounds maintenance and landscape works – ideally on a large scale.
- You will need to show that you can work effectively as part of team, as well as on your own without supervision.
- You should be reliable, enthusiastic and be willing to undertake further training. You will also need to be fit enough to operate horticultural machinery and to carry out physical activities like planting, weeding, and digging.
- Ideally you will have the flexibility to take on occasional overtime and weekend work.
- You will be required to work early mornings, with seasonal starts between 7.00 and 7.30am - but typically finishing between 3.30 and 4.00pm
If you would like to find out more about the role, please see the Job Description or contact Graham Dewey, Grounds Supervisor, on 07733 002346 for an informal chat.
To apply, please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form using the links below.
Alternatively, please call 01722 342860, or pop in to the Information Centre in Fish Row, Salisbury to obtain a paper application pack.
Please note that applications must be made on our application form; we do not accept CVs
Completed application forms should then be sent to: Recruitment, Salisbury CIty Council, The Guildhall, Market Place, Salisbury, SP1 1JH, or handed in person to the team at the Information Centre, Fish Row, Salisbury.
Closing date: Friday 3 January 2014
Interviews to be held in week commencing Monday 13 January 2014
We are a Council committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and our recruitment process is designed to ensure fairness to all candidates and is based on selection by aptitude and ability.