Salisbury City Council and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Following Government advice on 16 March 2020 we have changed our working methods in order to mitigate the risk to our staff and visitors:
• The Guildhall and Shopmobility are all closed until government guidance indicates that it is appropriate to re-open;
• The Information Centre is accepting telephone and email enquiries – we suggest that you use info@salisburycitycouncil to contact us as the telephone is frequently busy;
• Full Council and Committee meetings have all been suspended until further notice;
• The Council is still considering all planning applications in Salisbury using its Emergency Planning Protocol, please click here for further details;
• All parks with fenced and gated play areas with play equipment in are closed and locked and use of the fitness equipment in Churchill Gardens is prohibited. Open green spaces without fences or gates are still open, please adhere to social distancing guidelines in these areas;
• The Charter Market will open every Saturday from 8am - 3pm for shoppers to buy essential items;
• All our events have been cancelled until 31 August and those following that date are under review until further government guidance is received.
• Both Cemeteries are open, please adhere to social distancing guidelines in these areas;
• CCTV is still operational and manned
• We have teamed up with Wessex Community Action to offer a Community Support Scheme – to request assistance or to find out more please click here.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time and we look forward to seeing you all soon.