We are the first point of contact and a sounding block for individuals and communities to express themselves and their interest in becoming more involved in bringing local benefit to their area.
We can provide guidance, advice and support on local projects, new ideas or just becoming more involved in local issues.
The community development team will either direct you to the appropriate service or help you develop an idea, however small. By building the support of your community so much more can be achieved.
This is achieved by:
- Recognising the skills, knowledge and expertise that people contribute and develop by taking action to tackle social, economic, political and environmental problems.
- Challenging the attitudes of individuals, and the practices of institutions and society, which discriminate against and marginalise people.
- Facilitating democratic involvement by people in the issues which affect their lives based on full citizenship, autonomy, and shared power, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Working together to identify and implement action, based on mutual respect of diverse cultures and contributions.
- Including local people in planning and decision making.
- Working with and developing strong local groups who tell us what they want and need
- Building relationships and understanding the differences between voluntary, statutory and private sector and key organisations that Salisbury City Council can work with to develop and implement projects.
- Helping public and private voluntary groups involve local people in what they do.
Our aim is to become stronger together!
For further information about Community Development within Salisbury contact Annie Scadden on 01722 417100 or email email@example.com